30 March 2014

8 June 2006


8 June 2006

You left me...

Breaking the promises made
Before God and man

On 8 June 1996,
You said that you would
Love me forever

You PROMISED

Promises broken
are worse than
LIES

As I started to
Circle the Drain
Drowning in

Self-hatred
and
Anorexia

You turned
Away from
ME

Promises broken
are worse than
LIES

Three times
I felt
The Pain
of you
Leaving

You were always
a moving
Target

I never knew
thought
dreamed
imagined

That you would
Leave Me

And in leaving
Me
I was exposed to
Hurt
Pain
Predators
Assault

And worse of all...
Loneliness.

You left me
Crashing into
Walls

You left me
Twice
with a note

You said
You needed
Laughter

Why then
Didn't you try
To help me?

Offer me
Care and concern
Instead of

Indifference?

I was
Capable
of Learning
To
Laugh again...

But I needed
You
To help me

And
You left me
Long before
You

Walked out that
Door

The third time
I had to watch
You
Walk out
That Door

The third time
You left
After
An argument
About a motorcycle

Apparently
my concern
About YOUR
Safety
Was a
Capital Offense

A reason
To walk out
That Door
Once again.

AND
You left me
with your own
Legacy

A Legacy
That I am
Still
Trying to 
Escape

My fears
Continue to
Circle me

Swirling
Throughout
My Mind

Leaving me
with 
fear
self-doubt
depression

Anxiety
Strong enough
to kill
Me

And very
Afraid
That I will 
Never
Overcome 
Your
Legacy

That I will
Never
Have a
Normal relationship
With any man.

Was that your intent?

After all,
why would 
anyone else
Want to be with
Me

Since you
Left me

You said
Anorexia
Pushed you out
That Door

Is that true?

Or did you leave me 
Long before
Walking out
That Door?

However,
I am a
Survivor

And I WILL
Overcome your
Legacy

I will 
Have a normal life
With someone who 
Cares about me

And keeps
Promises



No comments: